For more information about rentals:
- Barb Hayden
- Development Coordinator | Wood County Historical Center & Museum
- 13660 County Home Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402
- 419-352-0967 | email@example.com
Indoor and Outdoor
- Deposit: $100.00
- Deposit is due 14 days after making verbal commitment to hold the reservation.
- Your deposit will be returned to you within 14 days after your event if the facilities are left in proper condition and all expectations are met:
- Arrive and leave on time
- Vacuum all areas used (if applicable)
- Wipe off tables
- Leave room or grounds in same condition as when you arrived
- Clean up any kitchen mess (if applicable)
- Remove any tables, chairs, or accessories that you brought with you
Monday - Friday Weekday (Business Hours 9 AM - 5 PM)
- Minimum 4-hour Rental: $150
- Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM: (8-hour): $300
- Each additional hour until 8 PM: $25/hour
- Each additional hour after 8 PM: $50/hour
Saturday - Sunday Weekend (Business Hours: Noon - 4 PM)
- Minimum 4-hour Rental: $150
- Each additional hour before noon: $25/hour
- Each additional hour after 4 PM: $75/hour
- Final payment is due 14 days prior to event.
- All checks made payable to WCHS. Credit and debit cards accepted.
- WCHS Members at the Sustaining level or higher receive one free 4-hour rental annually during regular business hours.
- Discounts are available for Wood County agencies.
No Extra Cost
- Rentals may include these amenities at no extra cost. Please confirm your needs prior to the event.
- Tables and Chairs (inside Museum only, includes set-up and tear-down)
- Garbage and Recycling Containers (inside or outside, includes removal)
- Use of kitchen including refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave, sink, and counters
- Wi-fi (must provide own laptop)
- Podium (floor or table-top)
- American Flag
- ADA-accessible restrooms (inside Museum) and one outdoor Porta-a-Potty
- Wheelchairs (2)
- Projection Screen
- 110 Electrical Access (inside or outside in select locations). For 220 electric, there is an extra $25 fee.
- Parking, Handicap Parking
- The following amenities are available for additional rental costs:
- Projector (must provide own laptop): $25
- Television & DVD: $25
- Outdoor Chairs (120 available) and benches: $50
- 30-minute Staff Presentation: $25
- Self-guided museum tour: $5/person
- 220 Electrical Box (outdoor only): $25
- Electric Claranova Piano: $25
- Room Size: Approximately 17-1/2' wide by 60' long
- Seats 66 at round tables or 72 lecture style (maximum)
- Carpeted room includes tables, chairs, windows, air-conditioning, 110 electric, picture rail, internal and external doors.
Tables Available Indoors:
- (12) card tables (seats 4 each)
- (12) rounds (seats 6 each)
- (6) 6’ rectangular tables (seats 8 each)
- (72) metal folding chairs. Set-up and tear-down included with rental.
- (120) metal folding chairs and benches are available for an additional $50, set-up not included.
You Are Responsible For:
- Extension cords, power cords, power strip
- Dollies, carts, & help with loading and unloading
- Plates, Cups, Napkins, Silverware, Glassware
- Coffee, Coffee Pot, Warmers
- Food and Beverage
- Tablecloths, linens
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Deposit is due 14 days after making the reservation.
- Final payment is due 14 days prior to event or you forfeit your rental.
- Any cancellation made prior to 48 hours before the start of your event will receive a full refund of any deposit or rental payment.
- Any cancellation made within 48 hours of the start of your event will forfeit the deposit, but full rental payment will be returned.
The 50-acre grounds of the Wood County Historical Center include a variety of areas for reunions, ceremonies, picnics, and special events. This lush and unique backdrop is often used by photographers for senior photos, family gatherings, or artistic projects. Popular rental areas include:
- East Lawn
- Herb garden
- Lyle Fletcher Arboretum (Front or West)
- Center or East Wing Porches
- Corn Barn (coming soon)
- Shelter House (coming soon)
The outbuildings, many of which are original to the Infirmary site, provide a unique and lovely backdrop: (a) Log Cabin, (b) Oil Derrick, (c) Corn & Hog Barns, (d) Pestilence House, (e) Lunatic Asylum, and (f) Ice House.
Grounds Rules & Regulations:
- Grounds are maintained by the Wood County Park District and are open to the public from dawn to dusk.
- Reservations are necessary to avoid conflicts with Museum and Park events.
- One handicap-accessible portable rest-room is located in the Visitor Parking Lot.
- Please do not stand or sit on the Brandeberry stone wall surrounding the property. This wall is an original structure built in the early 1900s.
- Please do not pick any flowers, plants, or herbs from the grounds. Leaf collection is permitted.
- Please dispose of any trash in one of the many trash cans throughout the site.
- Open flame (candles, fire pit, etc.) Grills are acceptable. Special arrangements can be made for reenactment and scout groups that camp on the grounds.
- Tape, nails, tacks or anything attached to Museum walls, ceilings, or exterior.
- Live plants inside the Museum.
- Animals inside Museum. Service animals permitted.
- Smoking inside Museum.
- Food and drink must be confined to the Meeting Rooms or Kitchen.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the grounds or inside museum.
- The Staff reserves the right to contact the Wood County Sheriff's Office or Wood County Park District Rangers for any infraction or disruption.
Hold Harmless and Indemnification
In consideration of the Wood County Commissioners granting permission to have a ceremony, reception, or other function performed at the Wood County Historical Center, the organization/guest on behalf of themselves, and all their guests in attendance agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wood County, its Board of County Commissioners, board members and employees of the Wood County Historical Society, and all Wood County employees, agents, heirs and assigns from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses including reasonable attorney's fees in the event that they or any of their guests, family, relatives and all other persons attending said ceremony, receptions, or other function would have cause to bring an action arising out of bodily injury, illness, death or property damage while on Wood County property.
Share your event photos with us on social media!
Photo courtesy of Ashley McGovern Photography
Photo courtesy of MorRaven Media